Hello, Kiowa County!
I hope that you all are doing well. I know that we have all been wishing we could just get back to normal. Unfortunately, we do not know when this will happen.
I know that this past year was challenging for you as it has been for everybody. We cannot let the past dim our future. It is my hope that we can move forward to a more successful and involved year.
I want to encourage members and leaders to enroll in 4-H again as the Open Enrollment Deadline is March 1, 2021. (A member can enroll in 4-H at any time during the year and participate, but they must be enrolled by March 1, 2021 to compete in Exhibit Day and Fair.) To be an official 4-H member you will need to enroll in at least one project, the add/drop deadline is April 15, 2021.
I hope that with the decline of COVID-19 in the county and area more activities will be possible.
I want to remind everyone that to participate in livestock projects at fair you need to be an official member of either 4-H or FFA. Example: If you will be an incoming freshman in August 2021, you will need to enroll in 4-H for the 2021 year to participate at fair. If you have questions, please contact the Extension office or your Ag instructor.
Beef Weigh In - Saturday February 20, 2021 10:00am - noon @ Kiowa County Fairgrounds pavilion.
- You must be enrolled in Market Beef on https://www.4honline.com/ or with your Ag instructor before this date.
- Voucher to JJ's Restaurant MUST be used by February 15, 2021. They will be void after that.
- LDC - Registration Deadline: February 12, 2021 on https://www.4honline.com/. (You must be enrolled in the 2021 4-H year to participate.) Date: February 27, 2021. This is a virtual camp that is free to participate for members 14 - 18 years old. (A member can enroll in 4-H at any time during the year and participate, but they must be enrolled by March 1, 2021 to compete in Exhibit Day and Fair.)
- March 1, 2021 Open Enrollment Deadline to participate in Exhibit Day and Fair for both general and livestock projects.
- District officer Election Applications due March 1, 2021.