MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
Are you ready for the Coordinated Election on November 2, 2021?
- Is your registration up to date?
- Is your address correct or did you add or remove a PO Box, had a name change?
- Make your corrections today to ensure you are able to vote for all of the candidates and issues in your area where you live.
- Check your voter registration information at www.govotecolorado.gov .
- If you are not sure about your registration information, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-438-5421 for assistance.
If you have moved, you may be inactive. Inactive voters will not have a ballot automatically mailed to them for the November 2, 2021, Coordinated Election.
Ballots are not forwardable to your new residence. The Post Office will send the ballot back to our office as undeliverable. The address would need to be corrected by the voter and then at that time a new ballot will be issued.
A little planning upfront would help so that you receive your ballot in a timely manner.
When will ballots be mailed?
- Ballots will be mailed to Active Eligible Electors starting October 8 - October 15, 2021.
When can I return my ballot?
- You may return your ballot as soon as you receive the ballot. You do not have to wait to return your ballot.
Where do I return my ballot?
We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot off at the Kiowa County Clerk & Recorder's Office at 1305 Goff Street, Eads, CO 81036
- Drop your ballot in the 24/7 Secure Drop Box located on the west side of the Courthouse (no postage necessary) or
- You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided with proper postage BUT you want to allow enough time for us to receive as Post Marks DON'T Count.
What if I don't receive my ballot?
- Contact our office and we will check your voter registration and verify your address and give you options.
Can I track my ballot?
- Yes, sign up for BallotTrax at colorado.ballottrax.net
- You choose what notifications you receive- when ballots are mailed, when the County Clerk receives the ballot, when the ballot is counted.
- You choose how you receive that notification - text, email, phone or all three.
What if I have other election questions?
- Call us at 719-438-5421 or email us email@example.com we will be happy to explain how Colorado election model works and our laws and regulations.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2021 COORDINATED ELECTION:
- October 8 - 15, 2021: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors.
- October 12, 2021, Tuesday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (No later than 22 days before the election)
- October 25, 2021, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver's license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the Coordinated Election. (Through the 8th day prior to the election)
- October 25, 2021, Monday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 25, 2021, Monday - November 2, 2021, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Kiowa County Clerk & Recorder's Office 1305 Goff Street, Eads, CO 81036
- Kiowa County Clerk and Recorder's Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, October 30, 2021, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
- November 2, 2021: ELECTION DAY
VOTER SERVICE AND POLLING CENTER:
Kiowa County Clerk and Recorder's Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
1305 Goff Street, Eads, CO 81036
County Offices will be closed Monday September 6, 2021, in observance of Labor Day.
- The Election and Recording Department for voter and election questions or recording information and the Motor Vehicle Department for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle can be reached at 719-438-5421. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org