Kiowa County Public Health COVID Weekly Update - January 6, 2021
- Cases 83
- Deaths 3
*These are cumulative totals as of 01/05/2021 5pm
- CASES PAST 7 days: 1
- Colorado identified the first US case of the variant of COVID (called B.1.1.7) last week and has now confirmed a second case. This is the same one that has been in the news from the UK. The person is a male in his 20s from Elbert County. He has no travel history. This variant is more easily transmissible
- School districts in our county are being attending in person. Stay in touch with your school district for the latest information. CHSAA was given a variance by CDPHE to start Season B sports (basketball, wrestling, girls swimming and spirit) practice on January 18. This delays Season C and D sports seasons as well
- Vaccine is here! Kiowa County Hospital District and KCPH are administering vaccine according to CDPHE and CDC prioritization. See covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine for more information
- There continues to be a Mask Mandate for those over the age of 10 in all indoor spaces other than home.
- Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.
Kiowa county is currently at 1.45%, down from 6.19% last week. Our goal is to keep this <5%. This metric is declining well though very few tests were collected over the past 2 weeks
Incidence Rate and Test Positivity
- Incidence Rate (cases/100,000 population) has not started trending downward.
- Test positivity (the percentage of positives/total tests done) is declining. Keep up the
- good work so that we can get the case rate down quickly and ease restrictions.
- Kiowa County is dial level ORANGE. https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial
- If you have been told to isolate or quarantine, please stay home! The laws and guidance are here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/are-you-sick/isolation-and-quarantine
Call 719-336-8721 with questions. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov for information or email email@example.com with any business/event plans or questions. We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!