Pages from the Past - From our 136-year Archives for February 26, 2023
15 Years Ago
February 22, 2008
- Bill & Linda Trosper have been recognized by the American Angus Association for have one registered Angus cow in the Association 2008 Pathfinder Report.
- Eads Board of Trustees voted water, sanitation, and sewer rate increase.
25 Years Ago
February 20, 1998
- Bowman Family Farms Inc. filed application for a Conditional Use Permit with the Kiowa County Commissioners as a further step toward building a hog confinement facility between Sheridan Lake and Brandon
40 Years Ago
February 25, 1983
- Snow and high winds, sometimes gusting to 70 miles per hour, ripped through southeast Colorado and knocked down power poles throughout the area.
50 Years Ago
February 23, 1973
- The Plainview High School girls basketball team ended a perfect season with six wins no losses and winning the Sub-District Tournament.
75 Years Ago
February 20, 1948
- For the second time in a month, part of the news service for the Press has been lost in the mail and failed to reach the office in time for publication.
- Confirmation of the appearance of Stonewall Jackson and the Grand ‘Ol’ Opry as part of the Kiowa County Fair.
- The first WHO Grinders by WHO Manufacturing in Lamar have been shipped to Russia.