Important Dates to Remember
- CRP signup dates - CRP Grasslands - July 12 - August 20
- NAP DEADLINE - September 1, 2021
- PLIP Signup deadline September 17, 2021.
- Non-Emergency CRP Haying and Grazing available for eligible acreage subject to payment reduction.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
THE USDA SERVICE CENTER HAS A DROP BOX AVAILABLE ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE BUILDING.
COVID-19 UPDATE - The USDA Service Center received instructions that all customers visiting any Service Center will be required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
CRP GENERAL SIGNUP #56
FSA Offices have not received the accepted and rejected listing for the CRP offers for General signup #56. The contact producer on the offer will receive a letter from FSA of the status regarding the offer.
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 is the final day to apply for coverage with the required service fee to the FSA Office for the following crops.
Service Fees and Premiums For all coverage levels, the NAP service fee is the lesser of $325 per crop or $825 per producer per administrative county, not to exceed a total of $1,950 for a producer with farming interests in multiple counties. Producers who elect higher levels of coverage must also pay a premium equal to:
- The producer's share of the crop; times
- The number of eligible acres devoted to the crop, times
- The approved yield per acre; times
- The coverage level; times
- The average market price; times
- A 5.25 percent premium fee.
For value loss crops, premiums will be calculated using the maximum dollar value selected by the producer on form CCC-471, "Application for Coverage." The maximum premium for a person or legal entity that is a NAP covered producer is $15,750 (the maximum payment limitation times a 5.25 percent premium fee) for an application for basic coverage only. If the NAP covered producer is a joint operation, the maximum premium is based on the number of multiple persons or legal entities comprising the joint operation. Beginning, limited resource, socially disadvantaged and qualifying veterans' farmers or ranchers are eligible for a waiver of the service fee and a 50 percent premium reduction when they file form CCC-860, "Socially Disadvantaged, Limited Resource, Veteran, or Beginning Farmer or Rancher Certification.
CRP GRASSLANDS SIGNUP
FSA is down to the last week of CRP Grasslands signup. Producers interested in offering land have hopefully contacted the FSA Office where the land is administered. There is a large amount of paperwork that must be completed before an offer can even be made.
How to Sign Up
To enroll in the CRP Grasslands signup, producers and landowners should contact USDA before the August 20 deadline. Service Center staff continue to work with agricultural producers via phone, email, and other digital tools. Contact your Service Center to set up an in-person or phone appointment. Additionally, more information related to USDA's response and relief for producers can be found at farmers.gov/coronavirus.
The office will need to know the following information from the producer concerning how to offer the tracts.
- What tracts of land the producer wants to offer? Keep in mind, the landlord/tenant, eligible land and producer rules must be considered.
- Shares on contract.
- CRP Grassland contract for 10 or 15 years. NOTE: 15 years will assign 5 additional ranking points to the tract offer.
- Does producer want to lower offered rental rate for additional ranking points. Ex. FSA will assign 2 points for each percentage lowered to a maximum of 25 points for 15% reduction.
Again, producers with interest in CRP Grasslands need to contact the FSA Office sooner rather than later