Cooking at Home - Savory Meatloaf Muffins
Makes: 6 servings
These savory meatloaf muffins are full of flavor and have a beautiful presentation. Enjoy one with a side of steamed spinach, kale, or a fresh green salad.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cheese (any variety) (grated)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture and divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until temperature in center of meat loaf is 160 degrees.
- Cool slightly before removing from muffin cups.
Combine meat loaf ingredients until well mixed, but don't over mix; too much mixing can make a meat loaf tough.
Safety Tip: Cook your meat loaves to 160 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature. You will know that your loaves will be completely and safely cooked without being dried out from overheating.
Source: Kansas Family Nutrition Program, Kids a Cookin’
Serving Size: 2 muffin meatloaves, 1/6 of recipe
Added Sugars included