15 Year Ago
September 22, 2006
- V&S Railway is pleased to announce the return of rail services from Towner to North Avondale Junction in Colorado.
- Eads Chamber to sponsor candidate forum.
25 Years Ago
September 20, 1996
- Resurfacing highway 287 project includes an 18 mile stretch north and south of Campo, and a nine mile stretch from the Kiowa/Cheyenne Co. line to Eads.
- More sludge from New York City may be on its way to Prowers County. A company had been shipping free sludge but stopped last year when it found paying buyers.
40 Years Ago
September 18, 1981
- The cost of heating your home will be going up this winter. Electric utilities expect overall average of 8.5%, natural gas 16.5% per cubic foot and propane overall average of 14.7%.
- According to Kiowa County Sheriff Floyd Griswould, the Eads Volunteer Fire Department was to called the Kiowa County Fairgrounds to extinguish a snow fence that had accidently been set afire.
50 Years Ago
September 24, 1971
- An agreement was reached this past week whereby the Kiowa County Press has been sold to Betz Publishing Co. Inc., publishers of the Lamar Tri-State Daily News.