15 Years Ago
October 19, 2007
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: Finding storage is a real problem this year as elevators are filing up faster than the grain can be shipped out.
- The historic Plains Theatre marquee is available for the community to post personal messages or announcements on.
25 Years Ago
October 17, 1997
- At their regular meeting, the Eads Board of Trustees voted to permit U-turns at several intersections along Maine Street.
- Strong winds, and possible tornados caused considerable damages over the weekend.
- The Eads Board of Trustees voted to increase sewer rates by $24 per year.
- Kit Carson News- Ruby Lafferty: Since I have little news will say something about the storms. It was pretty bad, with a tornado, hail warning then the wind blew very hard.
40 Years Ago
October 15, 1982
- Kiowa Drug announce plans to join the Health Mart voluntary cooperative for independent drug stores.
- The Federal Land Bank announced all its new and existing variable interest agricultural loans will drop to 12.75% from 13%.
- From the Sheriff's Desk- Floyd Griswould: Deputies responded to the First National Bank in Eads because alarm had been triggered.
50 Years Ago
October 20, 1972
- Kiowa County retail sales increase by .7% for the second quarter of the year.
- Public Notice: due to action of the City Council Hi-Way Liquor will be closed Oct 24, 25 & 26, 1972.
75 Years Ago
October 15, 1947
- A meeting was held at the Chivington school house for the purpose of organizing a PTA.
- The Eads Volunteer Fire Dept. experimented with the new recruits by turning in an alarm to see how response time was.