15 Years Ago
April 25, 2008
- A grand opening event was held at Thunderbird Petroleum in Sheridan Lake. The event was the first E85 ethanol pump in Kiowa County.
25 Years Ago
April 24, 1998
- Colorado Governor Roy Romer signed a bill allowing the Colorado Department of Transportation to purchase the Union Pacific rail line between Towner and North Avondale junction.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: Marty and I saw something that I don't remember ever seeing here. There were two huge pelicans on the water hole.
40 Years Ago
April 29, 1983
- A 27-car pile-up train derailment near Chivington resulted in heavy damage to the railroad cars and extensive damage to the tracks, but fortunately no injuries.
- Some 50 participants from Tribune, Eads, Brandon Sheridan Lake and Towner attended the bowling tournament held in the K.A. Hall.
50 Years Ago
April 27, 1973
Mr. & Mrs. Gene Forsyth, owners of Haswell Lumber Co., have purchase Eads Building Material & Supply.