- August 13, 2021 - Lamar Community College announces the spring 2021 honors list - Academic achievement is always appreciated at our area schools and colleges.
- January 13, 2021 - Former Kiowa County Sheriff's Deputy faces attempted murder charge - Former Deputy Quinton Stump, who was fired after an unrelated incident, faced charges in the death of Zachary Gifford following a traffic stop.
- February 19, 2021 - One arrested on felony drug charge in Kiowa County - After a search warrant was obtained, "several pounds" of drugs and paraphernalia were found in a vehicle.
- January 12, 2021 - High speed pursuit from Cheyenne County ends near Eads - Three juveniles were apprehended after their vehicle crashed through a fence near Eads.
- March 12, 2021 - One arrested following high-speed chase across three counties - A chase reached speeds of 140 miles per hour before the vehicle was stopped in Bent County.
- April 12, 2021 - Bomb threat in Eads Sunday night - prank call suspected - Three blocks of Maine Street, as well as side streets, were closed after a call reported explosives planted in a car.
- April 6, 2021 - USDA Update - April 6, 2021 - The weekly report from the Eads USDA Service Center is always popular in Kiowa County and surrounding area.
- May 5, 2021 - Kiowa County Sheriff Casey Sheridan stepping down in June - Casey Sheridan concluded a 15-year career with the Kiowa County Sheriff's Office.
- October 20, 2021 - Kiowa County Sheriff's Office Report - October 1-15, 2021 - A lot happening in a rural county's Sheriff's Office over a two-week period.
- April 26, 2021 - Drought-free area returns to Colorado - first since last July - For the first time since mid-2020, a (tiny) portion of Colorado moved out of drought and abnormally dry conditions.
- February 27, 2021 - Former Eads resident nominated for "Touchdowns for Teachers" award - Eads High School graduate Matt Weber, now a teacher in Greeley, was nominated for the award for his outstanding contributions to school and community.
- January 4, 2021 - Kiowa County moving to Level Orange Monday - Remember the COVID-19 dial system? Kiowa County moved into the high risk category in January.
- April 2, 2021 - Bridge maintenance projects start in Kiowa and Baca counties Monday - If it's April, it is the start of road construction season in Colorado. Bridges in the area received much-needed repairs.
- March 21, 2021 - Recent snow, rain improve Colorado's drought picture - Eastern Colorado was making rapid improvements - including an area of exceptional drought (the worst category) in central Kiowa County.
- January 15, 2021 - High winds, blowing dust, crashes prompt highway closures in eastern Colorado Friday - Blowing dust in the middle of winter? It must be eastern Colorado.
- February 6, 2021 - Southeast Colorado high school "Good Citizens" recognized - Students from high schools from across southeast Colorado were recognized by the Fort William Bent Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- August 11, 2021 - Lamar Community College to offer classes in Baca, Kiowa and east Prowers counties - LCC expanded its capacity to serve students by creating Distance Learning Sites in Eads, Granada and Springfield.
- May 23, 2021 - Nearly half of Colorado has moved out of drought this year - Late spring snow and rain brought substantial improvement to drought conditions in the state.
- March 28, 2021 - Southern Colorado under a Red Flag Warning Monday for fire danger - No matter what time of year, with drought comes higher fire risk.
- February 13, 2021 - Bitter cold, snow coming to eastern Colorado Saturday and Sunday - Snow and bitter cold arrived - with wind chill values as low as -35.
- February 14, 2021 - Tumbleweed Midstream announces new 10-year helium sales agreement - In the face of a global shortage of helium, Tumbleweed Midstream's plant in Cheyenne County is well positioned to serve the market.
- January 22, 2021 - Kiowa County Vouchers - December 2020 - Bills, bills and more bills.
- December 15, 2021 - Numerous road closures in Colorado due wind, crashes - Much like mid-January 11 months before, blowing dust and wind remain a winter fact of life in eastern Colorado.
- March 7, 2021 - Fire danger increases for southeast Colorado Monday - Fire risk in Colorado remained high throughout March.
- February 5, 2021 - Kiowa County moves to Level Blue on the state COVID-19 dial Saturday morning - In just a month, Kiowa County improved from red to blue on the state's COVID-19 dial system.
A look back at 2021: Top articles in Kiowa County
You may also like these similar stories:
KiowaCountyPress.net may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase products or services through links in an article. Prices, when displayed, are accurate at the time of publication but may change over time. Commissions do not influence editorial independence.
The Kiowa County Press is an independent newspaper published in Eads, Kiowa County, Colorado, and to the world at KiowaCountyPress.net.